Tsao Foundation partners Ngee Ann Polytechnic to launch first Specialist Diploma in Community Gerontology Nursing. Click here for more info
Health is not the absence of sickness and disease, but the enjoyment of complete physical, emotional and social well-being. Good health is an important ingredient for happiness and therefore has an important role in every person’s life.
There is much information on how to achieve good health – eat right, exercise, relax but it is easier said than done, and many people start a “healthy living campaign” only to abandon it because it was too difficult or too boring. The
proposed programme provides participants with practical approaches and tips on achieving health and well-being – at home and at their workplace.
After the completion of this program, participants will be able to:
• Have a better understanding of their health status through a health risk appraisal activity
• Identify their top three health risks
• Understanding the common diseases (i.e. cancer, heart diseases, stroke) in Singapore
• Development of an action plan and strategies for prevention
• Understand the fundamentals of good nutrition
• Perform simple calorie counting for a meal
• Examine their current eating habits and identify the changes they can make
• Have a better understanding of their fitness level through a fitness assessment activity
• Understand the role of exercise in health
• Know the different types of exercises
Title: Towards Healthy Living!
Date: 04 to 05 May 2017
Duration: 14 hours
Fee: Full Fee $171.20 (Inclusive of GST) * Fees payable by Singaporeans & PRs aged 50 and above: $43.20 (Inclusive of GST)
Venue: Tsao Foundation, 298 Tiong Bahru Road #15-01, Central Plaza Singapore 168730
Registration: To register, please contact:
Fabian at 6593 9547,
* For more information on National Silver Academy (NSA), please visit www.nsa.org.sg.
Click here to download PDF for more information.