Tsao Foundation partners Ngee Ann Polytechnic to launch first Specialist Diploma in Community Gerontology Nursing. Click here for more info
This workshop focuses on the changes that take place with women in midlife and beyond. Changing roles and relationships, changing bodies, increased health risks and menopause are just some of the issues that can impact a woman’s physical and emotional health.
This highly interactive workshop will focus on helping older women understand their health risks and emotional issues through a combination of activities and mini lectures. You will also be equipped with the tools to help you successfully manage physical and emotional changes in midlife and beyond.
At the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Understand and affirm their life resources through life review process
- Identify the life challenges they are going through
- Learn tools which enable them to understand their psychological responses to life challenges
- Identify their common and predominant coping stances during times of stress and challenges
- Learn how to make positive changes to their current coping
- Define the physical and emotional aspects of health in mid-life
- Explain how ageing affects health and vice versa
- Understand the physical and emotional aspects of menopause and management techniques
- Apply practical steps to prepare for physical health in midlife and older age
- Learn practical steps to prepare for emotional wellbeing in later years
1. Creating Positive Bodies – Managing Your Changing Body
2. Creating Positive Minds – Me, Myself and I
3. Nutrition for Positive Bodies and Minds
4. Exercise for Positive Bodies and Minds
Title: Active Ageing for Women
Date: 30 to 31 March 2017
Duration: 14 hours
Fee: Full Fee $171.20 (Inclusive of GST) * Fees payable by Singaporeans & PRs aged 50 and above: $43.20 (Inclusive of GST)
Venue: Tsao Foundation, 298 Tiong Bahru Road #15-01, Central Plaza Singapore 168730
Registration: To register, please contact:
Fabian at 6593 9547,
* For more information on National Silver Academy (NSA), please visit www.nsa.org.sg.
Click here to download PDF for more information.