Tsao Foundation's annual report on 2016 is here. Thank you to all partners and friends for another successful year of enabling opportunities in health, welbeing and fulfilment in our society of longer lives.
This two-day intensive workshop aims to empower caregivers with the knowledge and understanding of some of the most fundamental issues of ageing and eldercare, as well as practical skills needed in caring for the older person(s), such as secure use of mobility aids, safe transfer and positioning etc.
Who should attend
Caregivers who need to assist their elderly loved ones who require assistance with their activities of daily living (e.g. transferring, toileting, etc.)
Day 1 : 9am to 5pm
• Introduction to being a caregiver and the age sensitization experience 221212 (1hr 30mins)
• Emotional side of caregiving (1hr)
• Techniques for stress management and relaxation (1hr)
• The ageing process and implications for care (1hr)
• Falls prevention and home safety (1hr 15mins)
• Urinary incontinence and Foot Care (1hr 15mins)
Day 2 : 9am to 5pm
• Causes of backache and back care (1hr)
• Safe transfer and correct positioning (with hands-on-practice) Fff (2hrs 30mins)
• Safe use of mobility aids (with hands-on practice) (1hr 30mins)
• Effective communication with the older person (2hrs)
Date: 26th to 27th Oct 2017 (2nd Batch)
Duration: 14 hours (including 15mins Q&A)
Fee: (Before CTG*) $210.00 (Inclusive of GST) / (After CTG) $10 (Subject to eligibility and the remaining amount of the care recipient’s CTG which is capped at $200 per year)
Registration: To register, please contact:
Fabian at 6593 9547, firstname.lastname@example.org
CTG, or Caregiver Training Grant, is a training fee subsidy administered by the Agency for Integrated Care (AIC). An amount of S$200 is given out in the form of training fee subsidy for caregivers for each financial year. Care recipients must be Singaporeans or Permanent Residents above the age of 65 or have a disability (as certified by a Singapore-registered doctor).
To find out more, go to https://www.silverpages.sg/CTG